The Law of Causality guides Buddhists’ behavior. Because, at the root of Buddhism lies the strict law of cause and effect. It clearly explains the Law, which is the true cause to lead people to absolute happiness. Buddhists try to apply the law of causality into their daily existence. Why? Because within the reality of our daily lives, we are often embroiled in many kinds of hardships. Though we are able to make money, we may suffer with family discord, or even if we are healthy we may have unhappy children. Uncovering and revealing the world of Buddhahood is the fundamental source for attacking the root cause of suffering in human life, and for resolving every possible form of distress. This is the absolute happiness each and every person in the world is longing for in the depths of his or her heart.*
Learning how to behave like a Buddhist
Visit Myosenji Temple on Saturday, January 9th, at 2:00 pm to learn how to behave as a Buddhist so you can change your life, overcome life’s challenges and make the world a better place.
Buddhism’s Origins & Beliefs – 2:00 pm
- Video and Brief Lecture by Chief Priest on Buddhism’s Beliefs, Origins and History
- Learn how to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and properly use the Juzu Beads, Buddhist prayer beads.
- Q&A with our Chief Priest.
- The meeting starts at 2:00 pm and concludes around 3:15 pm. Open to the public.
If you have decided to become a Buddhist or are interested in learning how to become a Buddhist, Rev Murata will be performing the Acceptance of the Precept Ceremony, the ceremony where you become a Buddhist, immediately following the meeting.
* Excerpted: Nichiren Shoshu Basics of Practice