Wouldn’t you want your workplace to be a Buddhaland? Use this upcoming Labor Day weekend to visit our Buddhist Temple to learn about the Ten Worlds. It will help you understand your own work life better and why you and others can actually be obstacles to your career, job and daily life. Learn what you need to take control of your happiness.
Spend More Time in Your Higher Worlds
The four noble worlds of learning, realization, bodhisattva, and Buddhahood are hidden and dormant and cannot be seen. Even though the world of Buddhahood exists as a potential within us, it is hidden in the depths of our life. We need the seed of the Buddha to activate our Buddha nature. Visit Sunday for a brief lecture on the Ten Worlds by our Chief Priest.
- Learn how you can receive the seed of the Buddha to activate your Buddha nature.
- Learn how to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and properly use the Juzu Beads, Buddhist prayer beads.
- Q&A with our Chief Priest.
- The meeting starts at 2:00 pm and concludes around 3:15 pm. Open to the public.
- 310 University Blvd West, Silver Spring, MD 20901 entrance on Burnett Ave
If you have decided to become a Buddhist or are interested in learning how to become a Buddhist, after Sunday’s meeting (about 3:30 pm) Rev Sakabe will be performing the Acceptance of the Precept Ceremony, the ceremony where you become a Buddhist.
In the final analysis, this sutra of Myoho-Renge-Kyo sums up all the teachings and meditational practices of Shakyamuni Buddha’s entire lifetime in a single moment of life, and encompasses all the living beings of the Ten Worlds and their environments in the three thousand realms.written by Nichiren Daishonin in 13th century Japan